Imagine this: On a weekend night, you have a group of close friends or your family at home and music and fun is at its best. Merely serving food to fill their hungry tummies will not suffice and it needs a spectacular food item to en the night on a wonderful note. This is where the biryani steps in as your savior. Of course, it is possible to place order for hyderabadi biryani online and get done with it, but wouldn’t it be awesome to serve food that you have prepared on your own.
Making a biryani isn’t one of the easiest jobs in the world and needs a lot of patience, expertise and tons of creativity too. If you are ready to slog it out in the kitchen and face the challenges of cooking, here are a few powerful tips to help you in this journey:
- Ensure that the ingredients of the biryani are absolutely top-notch since what you put in it can make or break the entire experience. Since rice forms the largest quantity, it is critical to choose and use the best quality rice, preferably basmati. Remember, the rice will impart the right kind of flavor, taste and texture to the biryani so make a good, informed decision. Since basmati rice grains are long and slender and become fluffy after they are cooked, they are automatically the first choice for authentic biryanis the world over.
- It is necessary to soak the chosen rice for at least half an hour before cooking it or you could have a sticky and lumpy biryani at the end of your effort. When rice is soaked, the grains are softened which allows it to absorb the water during cooking.
- While the rice is being boiled, make sure you have added all the spices as whole like cloves, cardamom etc. to infuse the wonderful aroma. Adding some homemade desi ghee to the base of the vessel (preferably a heavy-bottomed one) before adding the rice is a good idea. The rice should be carefully sautéed for about five minutes, before adding the meat to it and allowing it to cook over a slow fire.
- The meat should be marinated for at least 3-4 hours to make it juicy and succulent. When partially cooked rice is put into the vessel, it will further get cooked along with the meat and therefore overcooking of the meat is also avoided.
- Two common mistakes that can ruin all your efforts of making the biryani, overcooking and undercooking. The quality of rice and the kind of meat you use will determine how much time you need to cook it.
- Garnishing is important while serving the biryani to your guests. Caramelized onions, sautéed cashews, tiny slivers of almonds and fresh coriander make wonderful garnishing elements you can use.
Biryanis need to be created with lots of love, care and tons of patience, especially while it is being cooked. The end result has to reflect in the taste and aroma the biryani will emanate. If the above process seems tough and you do not possess enough patience, it is best to Order Biryani Online and relax in the company of family and friends.